I just love ice statues. Especially the ones in Winter Wonderland. They’re so creative and magical, with the lights adding that ethereal touch. Using 500 tonnes of sculptured ice and snow, this year’s theme was a wintry forest, filled with animals including wolves, unicorns and bears. In the first of two posts, please enjoy the display.
Winter Wonderland is hosted every year, and is always a fun way to spend a few hours. There are various fun things to do while you’re there. You can skate on the ice rink, have a drink in Arctic conditions in Bar Ice, go on the 60 metre giant wheel or one of the smaller rides or grab a bite at one of the food stalls. My favourite part though is seeing the ice statues, like I have in the past.
Yay! Another award. I want to thank Little Write Lies for the nomination. It’s definitely worth checking out her blog. She has a love for writing which is infectious and shines throughout her whole site. Really glad I discovered her work.
To accept the award, I must list 10 things about myself and then nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.
Purple is my favourite colour.
Clerks is my favourite comedy. The Naked Gun Trilogy, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Withnail and I and Airplane are up there too.
Growing up Gladiators was my favourite TV Show. How can anyone not get pumped up by this theme tune? KAPOW!
I have a fantasy football team which I’ve been doing for the past few years, mostly pretty successful. The one exception was Einstein FC.
The first book I remember leaving a strong impression was The Silver Sword by Ian Serraillier. It’s a great war story, and I would recommend it even now.
I have several books personally signed by Nick Hornby, including High Fidelity.
My favourite dessert is chocolate éclairs.
I’ve never been to Ireland but am hoping to go next year. Croatia and Greece are on my list too.
My favourite painters are Cezanne and J M W Turner
The first band I saw live was Duran Duran. Since then I have seen groups including Depeche Mode, Godhead, U2, White Lies, Girls Aloud, Coldplay and Jay-Z. I’m seeing Godspeed this week too.
And for the second part I thought I’d be a bit different and limit each one to a five word summary/description. In NO particular order.
1. Verbal Spew – Always check out her site
2. Silver Screen Serenade – Knowledgeable, thoughtful, engaging film/TV fan.
3. Marina Kanavaki – Very talented and creative painter.
4. Happiness Secrets – Full of symbolic, meaningful poetry.
5. Michael Piggott – Filled with quality entertainment articles.
6. Leman Shots – Photographer with distinct, creative style.
7. Retiree Diary – A photographer who ‘gets’ nature.
8. Global Girl’s Blog – Food lover; her passion infectious.
9. I See Beauty All Around – Just discovered, big fan already.
10. Tails From Paris – Cartoons. Wonderfully different to others.