One of the many benefits of blogging is the people you run into, and when those people rate your blog as highly as you rate theirs, is an added bonus. I am honoured to accept The Liebster Award especially from such a great site. Taken by the Lapels has been running around 3 weeks which tells you just how highly her blog is rated. It’s spontaneous, fun and with a personal and engaging tone.
Here’s how the Leibster Award works. Those nominated are blogs with tons of potential, but with less than 200 followers. If you’ve been nominated, and you choose to accept here’s the scoop:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you
- Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination
- Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
Alex is my first name, Raphael my middle name. Raphael is my reminder of my half Latin background and my more creative side.
- What would your Superhero name be?
Adrenalin. Though I’m quite happy to read for hours or sit and watch a film, I have bursts of energy which could be put to good use.
- What’s your favorite TV show?
Frasier and Seinfeld. Comedy genius that will never date.
- What are three things on your bucket list?
Finish and publish my novel, enter a high stakes poker tournament and visit more of the US.
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
From books Sherlock Holmes. From TV Jerry Seinfeld. And from Films Ferris Bueller.
- What is your most prized possession?
Some really striking film posters by a friend who is a graphic designer. They were never available in the shop and he know longer does them.
- Describe yourself in three words.
Adventurous. Creative. Raconteur
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Mint choc chip milkshakes from Baskin Robbins. Perfect after a film in central London. Ahhhh, who am I kidding? They’re perfect anytime.
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
Qualifying for a local elite level poker tournament
- What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? (Link, please!)
Gr8at – Short Story writers Short stories are a huge passion of mine and it was an early example of what I wanted the blog to be about.
In alphabetical order, a gr8at of very awesome blogs that I really recommend you look at.
Audrey Hepburn Books
Eye of Lynx
J James Reviews
The London Scrapbook
Wide Awake But Dreaming
What is the nicest/most memorable thing someone has said in your blog?
How different is your blog to how you planned it?
Which literary character do you most identify with?
Which piece of art would you most like to have on your wall?
Who are you most like in your family?
Which celebrity would you most like to meet?
What is your favourite drink/cocktail?
Which sporting event would you most want VIP tickets too?
What was your favourite book as a child?
Which country which you’ve not already been to would you most like to go to?