It’s a pretty cloudy day, so what better way to turn the gloominess away than by accepting a Sunshine Blogger Award, courtesy of the awesome Ruth at FlixChatter. If you’re not one of her many followers, go and do it. She’s great.
The rules for the award are as follows:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they set you.
- Pick another 11 bloggers.
- Give them 11 questions.
1. What’s your favorite movie quote that nobody else seems to notice?
From a well known film, The Godfather has the line “I want you to use all your powers and all your skills.” Saying any more would be a spoiler for anyone who hasn’t it, but the context is brilliant and while it should never be quoted as often as this, I feel it should be said more.
2. If someone give you a $1 million dollar budget to do a film, what type of film or genre would you do?
A coming of age film would work well. Something with a real sense of inner turmoil and self discovery.
3. In relation to question 2. Which non A-lister would you cast?
A while ago it would have been JK Simmons. He always amazed me and I’m so happy he’s won the Oscar. Campbell Scott blew me away in Roger Dodger, though it’s Jesse Eisenberg who has made it far bigger since. I’d be curious to give him a big part, or see if David Duchovny had it in him to star in a film.
4. Weekend getaway: Paris, London or Rome?
I live in London and went to Rome recently,so it would have to be Paris. I haven’t been to Paris for quite some time. Among all the obvious art and historic locations, I’d love to go to Disneyland Paris.
5. I was going to do a post on this but have no time to finish it. What’s the worst movie you saw in 2016?
I really hated The BFG.
6. What’s one particular movie scene you recently saw that still sticks with you?
Usually it’s something reflective or poignant, but the sloth scene in Zootropolis really makes me laugh. I think ot if whenever someone is slow to work out a joke.
7. Favorite cuisine?
Chinese, Italian or American.
8. Chris Evans, Chris Pine or Chris Hemsworth?
Not seen much of Chris Pine and Chris Evans is well cast as Captain America but Chris Hemsworth wins out for me. He’s great as Thor and was brilliant in Rush.
9. Name an actor/actress you’ve seen in more than 10 movies?
Quite a few would qualify. Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise and Leonardo di Caprio come to mind, but it’s Robert de Niro by a distance.
10. See above. Name the movies.
Godfather 2, Mean Streets, Goodfellas, The King of Comedy, Analyse This, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Flawless, Casino, Cape Fear, Heat, Wag the Dog, Ronin, Meet the Parents, Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle. Of the ones I’ve not seen, I’d be curious to see The Last Tycoon.
11. Name a film you wish had a sequel.
The Goonies could have worked with the right storyline.
My 11 bloggers (though anyone is welcome to answer below)
And now my questions
1. Which literary character would you most like to be?
2. Which TV character do you find most inspiring?
3. If you could choose one specific drink to make healthy which would you choose?
4. Which actor/actress did you think would become more famous but faded away?
5. What was the first album you bought/downloaded? When did you last listen to it?
6. Which famous mystery do you wish you could know the answer to?
7. Have you ever had a film ruined by a bad cinema experience?
8. Which family member are you most like and why?
9. What’s the most disappointed you’ve been with a film adaption from a book?
10.Which famous person do you wish could live next door to you?
11. What would your dream profession be?