It’s always nice to be recognised within the bloggersphere, especially as there so many great blogs out there. I fell a bit behind with these awards so I’ve stuck to eight blog nominees for the first three awards.
Thank you to Matt from Matt and his Cats for the Starlight Blogger Award. I’ve only recently discovered Matt’s site and it’s been fun catching up on his previous posts.
1. Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 3 original questions and then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
3. Nominate your 8 favourite bloggers! In your nominees I would like for you to think at the light emanating from the stars the ones that truly touch your soul with their work, the ones that are the light for you a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
4. Please pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
5. Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions answer that first then answer the 3 new questions from your nominator and never change the Award rules.
6. Please don’t delete this note:
The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image, you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award.
Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo”
The original questions
If you could meet anyone from throughout history, who and why?
It would be nice to thank some of the people who have really helped mankind, like Martin Luther King to William Wilberforce. But with my big interest in writing it would have to be an author. So many come to mind, but meeting Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would be a delight. I’d be curious to see his reaction to the adaptations of his Sherlock Holmes works.
What is your favourite book and why?
I love books with complex characters and Henry James was as good as anyone at writing them. In The Bostonians he captures a love triangle better than I’ve ever seen in literature.
Who is your favourite fiction character from any medium and why?
It’s tricky to compare different mediums. I’d probably go with Ferris Bueller though. He lives life to the full, has an amazing ingenuity and energy and makes everything around him entertaining.
The new questions
If money wasn’t an issue, where would you go on holiday for 2 weeks?
A huge tour of the United States. First Class of course. I would go to New York and Washington DC which I haven’t been to in a long time. And make sure I went to Las Vegas and Miami.
If you had the chance, would you live for a thousand years? Only you could live that long and you would never age past 25?
It sounds like being a vampire without some of the more awkward stuff added. I think I’d have to. You have to think all that you could achieve and experience in that time.
What fictional villain do you find yourself supporting, despite knowing they’re bad and you love it?
Without a shadow of a doubt, Hans Gruber from Die Hard. He’s super intelligent and incredibly focused and a class apart from all other villains. If we were talking TV, it’s be Hannibal Lecter. Stylish, articulate and master of his own emotions.
- Which one historical event do you wish you had witnessed?
- If your blog wasn’t about its current topic, what would it be about?
- Which item or possession that you have would you most want to leave behind to your descendants? And why?
My eight nominees
My thanks to Patty from Petite Magique for the One lovely Blog Award.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Give 7 facts about yourself.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
- The last film I saw was Monsters University
- My literary crush would probably be Hermione from the Harry Potter series
- I really hate Pepsi and sparkling water
- One of my first jobs was a summer role as a silver service waiter
- I’ve always been a big fan of 80s music
- If it was possible, I’d love to have a penguin as a pet.
- If I was a literary character, I’d probably be a cross between Basil from The Bostonians, Yossarian from Catch 22 and Nick Carraway from The Great Gatsby
My eight nominees
~ Select 8 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
~ Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
~ Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
~ Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
I founded my blog over two years. Originally it was only going to concentrate on entertainment mediums, but as it expanded and my readership started growing, I decided to extend it to photographs of my trips abroad as well as more creative shots. The blog then moved onto reviews of films and exhibitions, bars/restaurants and tourist attractions. In terms of advice I’d recommend this post by Amanda at Inside the Life of Moi. I’d only add that never stop looking at other people’s blogs, always let your readers know if you are taking an extended break and only write about what you care about.
My eight nominees
My thanks to Patty from Petite Magique (again) for the Premio Dardos Award. She has a neat mix of poetry and photograpy and is one of the most supportive and caring bloggers out there.
Premio Dardos is a Spanish word and it means “prize darts”. It is an award given “in recognition of cultural, ethical, literary and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing.” The rules for the Premio Dardos award:
Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and link to his or her blog.
Include the image of the “Premio Dardos” in the post.
Pass the award to other blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgement.
There are plenty of great blogs I haven’t had time to list, so anyone who wants to is more than welcome to accept it.