With the exciting release of the eagerly anticipated and already highly acclaimed documentary Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck, it’s already been discussed how it compares to previous musical documentaries. Turning things around slightly, I’ve decided to see how well you know your fictional bands. Are you a fan of the genre? Do you prefer it to real documentaries on actual bands? Answers as always below.
1. This is Spinal Tap (1984) Band: Spinal Tap
2. The Commitments (1991)
3. That Thing You Do (1996) Band: The Oneders
4. Almost Famous (2000) Band: Stillwater
5. Josie and the Pussycats (2001)
6. Scott Pilgrim vs The World (2010) Band: Sex Bob-omb