After seeing the extremely powerful film Selma, it got me thinking about previous films where racial tensions has been at the heartbeat of a film. In the first of two parts, I will be focusing on Hollywood’s 21st century depictions. How will you do on the six films below? As always, the decade of each film is next to each still and the answers are below.
1. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
2. In the Heat of the Night (August 1967)
3. Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner (December 1967)
4. Mississippi Burning (1988)
5. Do the Right Thing (1989)
6. American History X (1998)