The highly awesome Petite Magique has kindly nominated me for The Lighthouse Award. I had no idea this award even existed so my pleasant surprise was double. Before I carry on with the rules of the award, a quick note to check out Petite Magique’s blog. She writes posts that vary from helpful, supportive, creative and inspirational, and is always worth reading.
The rules for the Lighthouse Award are:
1. Display the award certificate on your blog.
2. Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
3. Share three ways that you like to help other people.
4. There is no limit to the number of people that you can nominate.
5. Don’t forget to have fun!!
My nominees. I know this is quite a lot and I wouldn’t usually do this many, but rules are meant to be broken. I had a check and I think you all accept awards but if it’s not your sort of thing, no pressure.
And now, 3 things I do that help other people
1. I compliment people. Not in a cut and paste, one comment fits all sort of way, but in a genuine and accurate manner. If someone has a cool feature or trait, or creates something great in any form I’ll tell them.
2. I always encourage people to come to me with their problems. Sometimes they want advice, sometimes to vent, sometimes to have their mind taken off it. Either way, they are always welcome and I will never judge.
3. I like to think I’m a helpful and generous guy. That includes frequently lending out my things, even though I know it will usually be quite a while before I get them back.